07 January 2015

Dog Free - חופשי ככלב

( עברית בהמשך )
"Life is full of banana skins. You slip, you carry on."

My day at Coffs Harbour started terribly with the realization that I left my hiking boots on the bus arriving at my sleep-addled mind 5 minutes after the bus had left the station. But from such a bad start my day could only go up, right?

I made my way to Coffs Beach but alas arrived just after the peak of sunrise. I spent a couple of hours sitting by the beach and watching Coffs Harbour's locals coming down, most with their four-legged canine friends, to do some water sports or just hang out letting the dogs run. I found out later that it is a leash-free beach.

From the beach I made my way to the Big Banana, which had a few tourists, but apart from getting a picture of/with the statue there isn't much to do there unless you really like the taste of bananas, and then you might want to sit down at the restaurant. After an inquiry at the information centre I decided to walk back to the beach and then follow the creek to the Botanic Gardens.

When I got to the creek, a combination of the pleasure of seeing unleashed dogs being allowed to run free and the heat of the day made me decide to put down my bag, remove my sandals and dip my feet in the creek. As soon as I did I met a phenomenal dog named Barney who amazingly dives underwater to fetch rocks. Following Barney's antics I also spoke and bonded with his owners, Coffs Harbour locals Gordon and Kerrie.

After Barney fetched many rocks from varying depths, Gordon and Kerrie offered to give me a lift to a lookout overlooking all of Coffs Harbour. On the way to the lookout they also showed me their lovely and gigantic house. The view from the lookout was amazing, showing all of Coffs Harbour in its beauty. Following the lookout the lovely couple invited me for lunch at the local RSL club, which was delicious. Exchanging details and saying goodbyes I wandered around the town until the bus time arrived (the bus itself took a bit more time to show up).

Onwards and Northwards! Next stop: Byron Bay.



"החיים מלאים בקליפות בננה. אתה מחליק, אתה ממשיך הלאה."

היום שלי בקופס הארבור התחיל באופן נוראי כשהבנה שהשארתי את נעלי ההרים שלי באוטובוס הכתה במוחי הישנוני 5 דקות אחרי שהאוטובוס יצא מהתחנה. אבל מהתחלה כזאת רעה אפשר רק לעלות, נכון?

 עשיתי את דרכי אל חוף קופס אבל לדאבוני הגעתי בדיוק אחרי שיא הזריחה. לכמה שעות ישבתי לחד החוף וצפיתי במקומיים יורדים לים, רובם עם חברים על ארבע, כדי לעסוק בספורט ימי או סתם להיות בחוף כשהכלבים רצים חופשי. גיליתי מאוחר יותר שזה חוף המיועד לכך שהכלבים יסתובבו חסרי רצועה.

מהחוף המשכתי אל הבננה הגדולה, שהיו בה כמה תיירים, אבל חוץ מצלם או להצטלם עם הפסל אין יותר מדי מה לעשות אלא אם אתם אוהבים את טעם הבננה, ואז אולי תרצו לשבת במסעדה. אחרי בירור במרכז המבקרים החלטתי ללכת חזרה לחוף ואז לצעוד בעקבות הנקיק אל הגנים הבוטאניים.

כשהגעתי לנקיק, שילוב של ההנאה מלראות כלבים רצים חופשי וחוף היום גרם לי להוריד את התיק ואת הסנדלים ולטבול רגליי בנקיק. ברגע שעשיתי זאת פגשתי כלב פנומנאלי בשם בארני שבאופן מדהים צולל מתחת למים כדי להשיב אבנים. בעקבות מעשיו של בארני גם פיתחתי שיחה עם בעליו, מקומיים מקופס הארבור גורדן וקרי.

אחרי שבארני החזיר אבנים ממעמקים משתנים, גורדון וקרי הציעו להביא לי טרמל לתצפית הצופה על כל קופס הארבור. בדרך לתצפית הם גם הראו לי את ביתם המקסים והעצום. הנןף מנקודת התצפית היה מדהים, והראה את כל קופס הארבור היפה. לאחר התצפית הזוג המקסים הזמינו אותי לארוחת צהריים במועדון RSL המקומי, שהיה טעים מאוד. כשהחלפנו פרטים ונפרדנו הסתובבתי בעיר עד הזמן של האוטובוס (האוטובוס עצמו לא הגיע בזמן).

קדימה וצפונה! תחנה הבאה: ביירון ביי.

No comments:

Post a Comment