01 December 2014

Ready? - מוכן?



(עברית בהמשך)
“Every end has a new beginning, and the departure is always hard”

So wow! It’s actually happening, every moment the flight is getting closer and I do not yet fully comprehend it. My bags are packed with the equipment. Some of it I’ve had for years, some of it I got recently for my work in hiking security, and some of it is brand new for this trip. Some of it I bought, some of it I was loaned, and some of it I was gifted.

The past few weeks have been a time of departure. A time of an end and a beginning. A time of happiness and expectations mixed with a bittersweet sadness. Every meeting with friends lately ends with the thought that we might not meet for a long time. Everything becomes “the last time that…” I had this phenomenon in the army as well, I would joyfully declare “my last guard shift,” “the last time I go to the base on Sunday,” “the last time I eat in the mess hall.” But now it is bittersweet, dipped in a little sadness. “My last hike in Israel,” “the last time I go to a hummus place,” “the last meal made for me by my mother.” It seems that when we are about to lose something is the time we most appreciate it. It’s a time that comes before change and it mixes excitement and fear. Usually I have a hard time with changes, even small things such as arranging my room or desk differently than the way I do, and this time seems no different. However, sometimes one must force oneself to go through changes, since change can be amazing and people who stay in the same place don’t develop in any direction.

So yeah, my flight is booked, my bags are packed and I’m ready to go. That is, as ready as I ever will be.





"לכל סיום יש התחלה חדשה ותמיד הפרידה היא קשה"

אז וואוו! זה באמת קורה, מרגע לרגע הטיסה מתקרבת ואני עוד לא לגמרי מעכל את זה. התיקים ארוזים עם הציוד. חלקו יש לי שנים, חלקו השגתי לאחרונה בתקופת אבטחת הטיולים וחלקו חדש במיוחד לטיול הזה. חלקו קניתי, חלקו קיבלתי בהלוואה, וחלקו קיבלתי במתנה.

כל התקופה האחרונה היא תקופה של פרידה. תקופה של סוף והתחלה. תקופה של שמחה וציפייה מהול בעצב נוגה. כל פגישה עם חברים בתקופה הזו נגמרת במחשבה שאולי לא ייצא לנו להיפגש שוב לתקופה ארוכה. כל דבר נהיה "הפעם האחרונה ש..." בצבא גם היה לי את התופעה הזאת, הכרזתי בשמחה רבה: "השמירה האחרונה שלי," "הפעם האחרונה שאני בא לבסיס ביום ראשון," "הפעם האחרונה שאני אוכל בחדר אוכל". אבל עכשיו זה חצי-מתוק, טבול בקצת עצב. "הטיול האחרון שלי בארץ," "הפעם האחרונה שאני אוכל בחומוסיה," "הארוחה האחרונה שאמא מכינה לי." נראה שכאשר אנו עומדים לאבד משהו, רק אז אנו באמת מעריכים אותו. זו תקופה שבאה לפני שינוי ויש שילוב של ריגוש ושל פחד. בד"כ קשה לי עם שינויים, אפילו דברים קטנים כמו אם יסדרו לי את החדר או שולחן בצורה שונה מהצורה שלי, והפעם לא נראה שונה. אבל לפעמים צריך להכריח את עצמך לעבור שינויים כי שינוי יכול להיות מדהים ואנשים התקועים במקומם לא מתפתחים לאף כיוון.

אז כן, הטיסה מוזמנת, התיקים ארוזים ואני מוכן לטוס. כלומר הכי מוכן שאני יכול להיות.

No comments:

Post a Comment